The lovely Krysten over at The Misadventures of a Darwinian Fail tagged me in her 11 Random Things blog last week! I had taken a few days off from the blog to give me time to re-direct, so I am just now answering all of the questions, and I’m having fun doing it!
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you by the person who tagged you
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Select 11 peeps and tag them on twitter, facebook, or on their blog
11 Random Facts:
1. Before I was born my Mom spelled my name “Katy” on a Christmas card to my Dad. Once I was born it was spelled “Katie”. When I hit the 6th grade, I changed the spelling of my name to “Katy” to prevent me from having to write my last name on everything since there were two Katies in my class. I found out about my mom spelling my name with a “y” at Christmas the following year. Weird.
2. I once sliced open my elbow on a cat food can top. I was taking the trash out, and there was a can lid in the bag. While holding the bag up to walk down the stairs, the top sliced my elbow. A few stitches later….
3. I once swallowed a music box key. That was another trip to the ER.
4. I also once thought I could fly, and ended up with a broken collar bone. Long story short? I wasn’t really the smartest child.
5. I went to Catholic school from kindergarten to 8th grade, and then went to public high school.
6. I went to the same university as my father and my aunt.
7. I am the 4th generation of my family to live in this house.
8. My sister and I are 2 years and 2 days apart. I always loved saying that. In fact, I still say it! When people ask me if Beth is older I say “yep! we’re 2 years and 2 days apart”
9. My mom insisted on dressing us as if we were twins, Beth always in purple, and me always in Pink.
10. I named my cat Phoebe after Phoebe from Friends, simply because of the song “smelly cat”
11. My husband and I only met because we lived on the same floor in our dorm Freshman year of college. We literally never would have run into eachother otherwise! None of our classes were on the same sides of campus, we hung out with completely different people, and were interested in different things. Not to mention he’s a Yankees fan.. ewwwwww…
Now moving on to Krysten’s questions:
1. What is your theme song for this year and why?
Maybe it’s because I’m from Massachusetts, but I feel like my constant theme song is Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believing”. It’s a great running song, and it’s even better right before last call! (not to mention Glee does an awesome version of it! Please see question 8)
2. What is the one thing you could never live without?
Music. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am always singing, humming, harmonizing, or whistling something. It tends to get me in trouble at work actually…
I 100% have to give my mom credit for this one. She indulged my want to play the piano, bought a piano, paid for lessons, and let me play and sing along way too loudly all the time. In fact I still do it when I go home 🙂
3. Who or what inspires you?
Being a nurse means I have the privilege of meeting people who inspire me every single day. I spend a lot of time with people who have made it through events that most people wouldn’t have the strength or faith to fight through. I am regularly in awe of these people, and always hope that if I was ever in their position, that I would fight with the same strength and grace.
4. What is your dream vacation?
Destination Marathon! It’s actually not so crazy when you think about it. You get to see so much of a place when you have to run 26.2 miles around it! Maybe the Great Wall Marathon, or the London Marathon. Actually, any marathon not in North America!
5. Brag time, tell me what you are most proud of accomplishing?
Running the Boston Marathon in 2009 for the Massachusetts General Hospital Cystic Fibrosis Team. It was a huge undertaking for a girl who had never run more than 6 miles, but where there’s a will (and a damned good reason) there’s a way. After losing a good friend to CF the previous February, I NEEDED to do something to help the fight against CF. I joined the marathon team, raised over $3000, and met my patient partners at the top of Heartbreak Hill for a hug, and a picture. That moment definitely ranks #1 on my list 🙂
6. Sparkles, yea or neh?
Is that even really a question?? Of COURSE its a yea!
7. What is the best thing you ever ate?
I would probably have to say the fish we had in Hawaii on our Honeymoon. The “worst” option was usually Mahi-Mahi. Everything about eating in Hawaii is better than home. The open air restauarnts, the warm nights, the gorgeous views, the smell of the ocean, the company.. you name it.
8. What is your guilty pleasure?
Glee. I’ll leave it at that.
9. What is your favourite form of exercise?
Haha, I love that you spell favorite with a “u”! 🙂 Running. Clearly. It gives me time to myself, I can go at my own pace, I get to see different places, and it makes me feel great about myself. Not to mention that people are always way more impressed by “Oh, I ran a quick 7 miles this morning” than “Yup, I did 25 push-ups before work”
10. What are you afraid of?
Oh man, take your pick! Heights, flying, the dark, spiders, falling (which happens a little too frequently for me.. Falll Rissskkkk), anything that makes me jump, and ghosts.
11. Who is your celebrity crush?
Am I allowed to have a celebrity crush on a team? Is that way too typical Boston?? 😉
Source: myredsoxtoday.com via Kristina on Pinterest
Now for my Questions:
1. What is the biggest risk you have ever taken?
2. What is your dream job?
3. What is one hobby of yours you wish you could make a career of?
4. Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner and why?
5. Favorite childhood memory?
6. Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest? Why?
7. What is your goal for the year?
8. What motivates you to get out the door and exercise?
9. What is your favorite holiday, and why?
10. What is your blog about, and why did you start writing it?
11. What are you listening to right now?
And last but not least, I am tagging:
Thanks Krysten for the tag! I had a ton of fun doing this, and can’t wait to see the posts from the people I tagged!